SAVE $200 WITH PROMO CODE: OUTPOST
Immerse yourself in Peru’s cultural richness, explore ancient Cusco and hip Pisac, see Rainbow Mountain, hike the Camino del Apu Ausangate and the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. All that and more on this incredible tour!
The “Alpaca” by Active Adventures is a 10-day bucket-list adventure of Andean hikes and visiting cultural sites in Peru. It captures everything this beautiful country has to offer, from the towering peaks and valleys of the Andes and Machu Picchu, down to the thriving town of Aguas Calientes, once a railway workers camp. You’ll have a blast in this land of geographical and cultural wonders!
We start our trip in the heart of the Inca Empire, where we explore fortresses and surrounding valleys. We’ll hike over stunning mountain passes from lodge to lodge, and on to Machu Picchu via a short version of the Inca Trail. The variety of landscapes on this trip will give you a Peruvian adventure like no other—and an experience you’ll never forget!
- Hike Sacsayhuamán fortress near Cusco
- Tour Pisac (35 km from Cusco): you will visit the town’s famed artisan market, then hike up to Inca ruins and Inca terraces that rise 610 metres from the river below
- Explore the town of Chinchero, and hike to Huchuy Qosqo: making your way over the Pucajasa Mountain Pass you go through mountain meadows, lagoons and indigenous communities that have little contact with the outside world. Arrive at the spectacular ruins of Huchuy Qosqo (Little Cusco), thought to be the remnants of an Inca hideaway village
- Hike the Camino del Apu Ausangate: a breathtaking three-day trek in the Vilcanota’s Cordillera. You have your first Andean lodge experience, with delicious Peruvian cuisine accompanied by authentic Peruvian music from members of the community.
- Hike to Huampococha via Rainbow Mountain
- Hike to Ollantaytambo
- Hike a truncated version of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Enter Machu Picchu via Sun Gate and explore the renowned mountaintop citadel
- Go on Ollantaytambo archaeology tour
- Explore Cusco, the capital city of the Inca Empire
- Phone: 800.661.9073
- Length: 10 days
- Departs: Year-round
- Accommodation: Hotels, luxury eco-lodges
- Price: $7,199 CDN
- Difficulty: Easy
- All guiding services: you’ll have an experienced trip leader with you for the entire duration, as well as specialist local guides in select locations
- All accommodations: cozy mountain lodges along the lodge-to-lodge trail; charming hotels in the cities.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days
- All activities: hiking, market visits, Inca ruins (including Machu Picchu) and lodge-to-lodge gear transport
- All domestic transport: from the moment we meet you in Cusco, we take care of all transport until you depart for home!