SAVE $200 WITH PROMO CODE: OUTPOST
Experience the best of Peru in 10 days on this multi-activity adventure you’ll never forget! Hike in the footsteps of the Incas, cycle through Andean villages and explore the Amazon jungle.
“The Jaguar” is Active Adventure’s most action-packed, multi-activity trip in Peru! It captures everything this rich country has to offer, from the towering peaks of the majestic Andes to the steamy depths of the Amazon jungle. You’ll start in the heart of the Inca Empire, hike in the Andes over stunning mountain passes to Machu Picchu, cycle into the Sacred Valley, and end in the Amazon jungle. The variety of activities and landscapes on this trip gives you a Peruvian adventure like no other, an experience you’ll never forget!
Day 1 Our trip starts in Cusco, heart of the Inca Empire. After lunch, set off for a walk around this ancient city and up to the Sacsayhuamán fortress overlooking the main plaza and Cusco Valley. The fortress, meaning “House of the Sun,” is a magnificent archaeological site representing a set of jaguar’s teeth with massive, perfectly-fitted stones weighing up to 130 tonnes each: the place where the Incas made their final stand against the Spanish conquistadors!
Day 2 Cycle the Sacred Valley, visit Pisac market and hike the Pisac ruins. Head to the Sacred Valley of the Incas in the morning, then hop on bikes and ride down through the breathtaking green slopes of the Andes. Finish in Pisac, check out its renowned artisan market, trek to the Pisac ruins and agricultural terraces to oversee the Urubamba Valley.
Days 3, 4, 5 & 6 Trek the Inca Trail. Start your multi-day trek to Machu Picchu via Option A (Lares Inca Trail) or Option B (Classic Inca Trail).
Day 6 Explore Machu Picchu. A guided tour, then free time to explore the renowned Inca mountaintop citadel on your own.
Day 7 Free day in Cusco, the archaeological capital of the Americas, and the continent’s oldest continuously-inhabited city. You’ll see Inca ruins and Spanish colonial architectural gems as you walk in and out of cobblestoned streets, stopping in cafes for coca tea or coffee.
Day 8 Journey to the Amazon jungle for wildlife viewing in Peru’s Tambopata Reserve. Take a motorized canoe along the Tambopta River deep into the jungle to your ecolodge, then spend the afternoon trekking and looking for the Amazon’s renowned wildlife.
Day 9 Wildlife hike, virgin jungle exploration. Spend the morning exploring the many miles of jungle trails that crisscross the dense forest, learning about its flora and fauna and how the indigenous people thrive in this challenging environment. Your afternoon is free to hang out at the lodge with a book, or to continue exploring the surrounding area on your own.
Day 10 Return to Cusco, depart for home or continue on your own way!
- Phone: 800.661.9073
- SM: @activeadventures (Instagram), @ActiveNewZealand (FB), #activeadventures, YouTube
- Length/Departs: 10 days/year-round, multi-date departs through 2020 and 2021
- Accommodation: Hotels, luxury jungle ecolodges (see below)
- Price: $5,399 (save $200 with promo code: Outpost)
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate, with acclimatization and hiking to be considered
Trip Pricing Details, INCLUDES:
- All guiding services: an experienced trip leader for the duration, specialist local guides in select locations.
- All accommodations: charming hotels in the cities; jungle lodge; Inca trail camping with the full support from our team.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days, except the free day in Cusco.
- All activities: hiking, biking, market visits, Inca ruins and jungle wildlife viewing.
- All domestic transport: airport transfers; domestic flights to and from Cusco to the Amazon Jungle, and return; boat journeys in the Amazon.
- Hiking permits on the Classic Inca Trail.
Description/details from operator site. To see more or book this trip click here.
Also see THE ALPACA: Ausangate Lodge to Lodge Trek by Active Adventures
[For a great way to see Lake Titicaca and the Bolivian salt flats as well, you can combine this trip with “The Chinchilla”— Titicaca and Bolivia Adventure]
More fantastic trips to Peru here!