SAVE $200 with Promo Code: Outpost
Though travelling by train was once a way of life and often rustic and hard, these days it’s considered a luxurious, enjoyable and often mind-blowing way to see a country or get to a destination. This trip Goway Travel is no exception. You will tour Peru’s most scenic regions, enjoying the opulence of the country’s first luxury sleeper train: the Belmond Andean Explorer. This three-day train journey travels from Arequipa, Peru’s famous “white city,” to Cusco, once-capital of the Inca Empire, all via Lake Titicaca. The journey is considered one of the top 10 rail trips in the world!
While it weaves through the harsh environment of Peru’s beautiful Altiplano, you’ll enjoy some of the best cuisine and overnight luxury the country has to offer, and the imposing presence of the Andes make Latin America home to some of the most exhilarating and spectacular train journeys anywhere in the world. On reaching Lake Titicaca, you’ll visit the Uros Islands, with time to visit Taquile Island. Finally, travel back through more of the Altiplano until you reach Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca Empire and gateway to the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
Day 1 Arequipa to Lake Titicaca. The Belmond Andean Explorer departs Arequipa at 7:00 p.m. for the journey across the Altiplano to the shores of Lake Titicaca. Tour the Colca Canyon or stay in Arequipa before you train journey begins. (Options are not included in the trip price.)
Day 2 Lake Titicaca. Rise to a magnificent sunrise over scared Lake Titicaca, with breakfast on board, before journeying onto the lake itself.
Day 3 Cusco. The scenery changes from the dry plains to lush green, as you drop in altitude and travel rivers that flow to the Amazon basin in Brazil and in turn the Amazon River. You arrive into Cusco mid-morning.
A FEW DETAILS
- The Belmond Andean Explorer train has a capacity of 68 passengers, with 2 dining cars, an observation car, one lounge car. Accommodations are two double cabins, 20 twin and 12 bunk cabins.
- On board available accommodation are 2 double cabins. 20 twin and 12 bunk cabins. The Belmond Andean Explorer is the most of luxurious way to travel between Cuzco and Lake Titicaca and beyond.
- Dining cars: fresh, colorful and seasonal dishes using locally-sourced ingredients from Peruvian Andes are served in the elegant dining carriages. Menus designed by chefs from Belmond Hotel Monasterio, Cusco.
- Observation car: place to unwind, meet new friends, enjoy the view, have a Pisco sour.
- Lounge car: gather around a baby grand piano and relax in comfortable seating as majestic vistas drift past outside, while sipping a Pisco sour or beverage of choice.
- Goway Travel offers a few versions of this Belmont Andean Explorer trip, click here for details.
- Phone: 800.328.5925
- SM: @GowayTravel, YouTube
- Length: 3 days
- Departs: contact Goway Travel for details
- Accommodation/Transport: Luxury overnight sleeper train
- Price: contact Goway Travel for details
- Transfer to train station in Arequipa
- Train accommodation as indicated
- Local taxes
- All meals and drinks on board train
- Tour to Lake Titicaca, Uros Islands and Taquile Island
- Welcome bottle of wine courtesy of Goway
- Colca Canyon tour
- Arequipa tour
- Accommodation in Cusco on last day
- Travel insurance
- Visas, if applicable
- International and domestic airfares and airfare taxes, unless specified