SAVE UP to 13% OFF + $150 WITH PROMO CODE: OUTPOST |
The Contiki motto? Travel is best shared. “Peru Uncovered” is a wildly popular small-group adventure for people ages 18-35 that takes in much of Peru’s gems in a perfect balance of new friends and great experiences.
From Lima to Cusco, Arequipa to the Amazon, the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu—you experience all that and more on this spectacular tour from Contiki, a top travel company that specializes in adventures for younger adults.
Day 1 Fly into Lima and spend the day exploring an ancient and Spanish colonial city that buzzes with fantastic, modern metro vibes!
Day 2 Fly south to Arequipa, the White City in the Andes to tour a mountain city surrounded by three spectacular volcanoes and defined by its baroque architecture. That evening you feast ensemble on local specialties under an Andean twilight sunset.
Day 3 Road trip from Arequipa to Colca Canyon, stopping to explore the Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve. The wide open windswept Andean landscape will leave you breathless as you arrive at the highest point of your journey, an altitude of 4910 metres (16,108 ft) above sea level. Your jaw will be on the floor as you catch your first glimpse of the epic natural masterpiece that’s the world’s deepest canyon.
Day 4 Explore Colca Canyon, look for the Andean condor, the road trip along high Andes plains to Puno on the shores of Lake Titicaca.
- SEE fantastic photos of “Peru Uncovered” by Contiki here!
- READ Crazy Buzzing Capital—Is There Any Other Way to Describe Modern Lima?!
Day 5 Boat ride to the islands off Puno in Lake Titicaca, where you spend the day getting to know the people and cultures who call them home.
Day 6 Puno to Cusco via Raqchi. Road trip across Andean highlands back to Cusco, stopping along route to explore the sacred ruins at Raqchi.
Day 7 Explore Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca Empire that was made over by the Spanish conquistadors. Today it’s one of Peru’s most popular destinations!
Day 8 Road trip via private coach from Cusco through the Sacred Valley. Stop at a llama farm, tour the village of Pisac and the famed Ollantaytambo ruins. Overnight in Ollantaytambo, the launching point for those embarking on the Inca trail trek the next day.
Day 9 Sacred Valley to Agus Calientas OR 6-hour Inca Trail Trek to Agus Calientas, the town at the base of Machu Picchu. (Note: Inca Trail trek has a small additional fee.)
Day 10 Explore Machu Picchu, the incredible Inca mountaintop citadel. Head back to Cusco via Peru Rail.
Day 11 Another day to explore Cusco and recharge for the next leg of your trip: a jungle adventure.
Day 12-13-14: Fly to Puerto Maldonado for a three-day rainforest eco-lodge adventure. Head by boat up the Amazon to an ecolodge, where you can trek with guides under the jungle canopy, bird watch atop the canopy tower, canoe at twilight looking for river caimans, cruise by catamaran to do some wildlife viewing, or go kayaking on your own. Canopy climbing is also on offer for an small fee.
Day 14: Back to Lima for the flight out.
- Phone: 866.532.0355
- Length: 14 days
- Departs: typically, year-round departs, with multi-date departs (per month); for current dates, contact Contiki directly
- Accommodation: Hotels, luxury jungle eco-lodges
- Price: currently up to 13% off regular price; contact Contiki directly
- Difficulty: Easy
Trip Pricing Details, INCLUDES:
- The Team: a highly-trained Contiki trip manager, an expert driver and local guides.
- Accommodations: comfy hotels, jungle eco-lodges, communal areas to socialize.
- Meals: 21 meals (5 dinner, 13 breakfast, 3 lunch) — you get the rest, and get to explore Peru’s culinary delights!
- All Transport: Airport transfers, domestic flights, boat journeys in Amazon, road tripping coaches and buses. Private, air-conditioned mini coaches, but also local forms of transport that make the journey part of the adventure.
- All Tourist Permits.