SAVE $200 with PROMO CODE: OUTPOST
A spectacular 8-day Peruvian adventure from Contiki. This trip—now 15% off the regular price—offers all iconic highlights, from Incan ruins to Amazonian adventures.
On this tour you visit Lima (Peru’s crackling capital on the Pacific), historic and ancient Cusco in an Andean valley (with rafting and mountain biking options), take a boat ride up the Amazon River to a rainforest lodge, road trip through the Andean highlands to spectacular Machu Picchu. Try fishing for piranha, spotting Amazonian Caiman & sleeping at a luscious lodge in the rainforest. You can choose to either trek the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, or take it easy and go by train. Here’s details:
Day 1 Lima, Peru’s capital city, is home to more than nine million people. Spend the day touring its historic center, coastal funky neighbourhoods or museums.
Days 2&3 Lima to the Amazon Rainforest. Fly from Lima to Puerto Maldonado, a town in the Amazon, whose local markets you can shop before hopping a traditional boat to head up the Amazon River, where you stay in an ecolodge with open walls to the forest. Spend two days here, trekking, wildlife spotting (toucans, monkeys, capybaras, caimans, giant otters and other jungle flora and fauna), fishing for piranha, or just listening to the sounds of jungle life.
Day 4 Cusco, in the Andean highlands. Fly from the rainforest to Cusco, where you tour this ancient city in an Andean valley, visit the Tread Right support-weaving center and a chocolate museum, and enjoy the nightlife at the Illary (Sunrise) Club.
Day 5 The Sacred Valley. Road trip the highlands of the Sacred Valley. See Inca and pre-Columbian ruins, visit a llama farm, stop to meet Peru’s famous weavers’ and artisan communities, have a guided tour of the Pisac and Ollantaytambo ruins, visit artisan shops and cafes, see the roaring Urubamba River.
Day 6 Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientas, or trek the Inca Trail.
Day 7 MACHU PICCHU, the breathtaking Incan mountaintop citadel, now one of the new Wonders of the World. Definitely a Peruvian highlight!
Day 8 Return to Cusco, then depart.
- Phone: 866.224.0267
- Length: 8 days (6 places)
- SM: @Contiki, @contiki, YouTube
- Departs: Contact Contiki for current dates
- Transport/Accommodation: Mini-coach, hotels, jungle eco-lodge, train (from MP)
- Group Size: max 30 people
- SALE price (Fall2019): from $2,052 (now 15% off regular price) – $200 (Outpost promo code)
Difficulty: Easy, with acclimatization.
TRIP PRICING DETAILS
- 7 nights accommodation
- 13 meals
- In-country domestic flight (not international flights)
- Trip Team: expert trip manager, driver, local guides (the highly trained trip manager brings the adventure to life).
- All in-country transportation during tour
- All Transport: Airport transfers, domestic flights, boat journeys in Amazon, road tripping coaches and buses. Private, air-conditioned mini coaches, but also local forms of transport that make the journey part of the adventure.
- All Tourist Permits.
- Experiences: 9 included, 2 optional
- Special Note from Contiki: “Trip includes lots of sightseeing, guided tours and activities; however, before you travel, it’s recommended you research options for your free time, for activity add-on/options in each destination, so you can plan in advance for both time and budget.”