SAVE $150 WITH PROMO CODE: OUTPOST
This trip from Contiki is new, and follows a similar itinerary to Contiki’s The Inca Panorama, but adds a few extra days and longer stops in some locations. An 11-day adventure that sees you visit the Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca’s floating islands in southeastern Peru, the Cusco and Machu Picchu and get an extra day in Cusco. You can either trek the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu or take it easy and go by train. For more in depth day details see Contiki’s The Inca Panorama, but here’s a snapshot with this tour’s additions:
DAY 2/AREQUIPA. Fly south from Lima to Arequipa, Peru’s second-largest city.
DAY 3-DAY 4/Colca Canyon.
DAY 5/PUNO at Lake Titicaca.
DAY 6/CUSCO via RAQCHI.
DAY 7/CUSCO. Spend the day exploring this ancient city that was the capital of the Inca Empire.
DAY 8/The SACRED VALLEY.
DAY 9 & 10/AGUAS CALIENTES or INCA TRAIL TREK. For those not trekking the trail, enjoy mountains around Aguas Calientes, then hop the train to the town (gateway to the MP). Meet up with your trekking compadres, enjoy an evening in the town. Next day, Machu Picchu, one of the new Wonders of the World.
DAY 10: CUSCO. Spend the day exploring the city in any way you want!
- Lima city tour, flight to Arequipa, tour of Arequipa, Salinas & Aguada Blanca National Reserve, Andean volcanoes (El Misti, Chachani and Pichu Pichu), Uros Islands of Lake Titicaca, Pukara, La Raya and Sicuani, Temple of Wiracocha, Raqchi Inca ruins, visit a llama farm, entry into Sacred Valley, guided tour of Pisac and Ollantaytambo, and more.
- Phone: 866.224.0267
- Length: 11 days/8 places
- Departs: Contact Contiki for current/available dates
- Transport/Accommodation: Mini-coach, hotels, jungle eco-lodge, train (from MP)
- Group Size: max of 30 people
- Price (Mar.2020): from $2,350 (– $150 with Outpost promo code)
Difficulty: Easy, but altitude acclimatization necessary.
Description/details from operator site. To see more or book this trip click here.
More fantastic trips to PERU here!